Jan 23, 2017
TANZANIA CIVIL AVIATION AUTHORITY (TCAA)
INVITATION FOR TENDERS
TENDER No. AE/028/2016-2017/HQ/W/08 FOR REPLACEMENT OF TOWER WINDOW PANES AND CONSTRUCTION OF TOILET AT PEMBA AIRPORT FOR TANZANIA CIVIL AVIATION AUTHORITY
1. This invitation for Tenders follows the General Procurement Notice
for this tender for financial Year 2016-2017, which appeared in TPJ ISSN 18231- 6021 Vol IX. 32 dated 9th August 2016, PPRA website and TCAA website.
2. Tanzania Civil Aviation Authority (TCAA) has set aside funds in the financial year 2016/2017 for procurement of various goods, works & services. The Authority intends to apply part of the funds to cover eligible payments due under the contract for which this invitation for tenders is issued.
3. The Tanzania Civil Aviation Authority (TCAA) now invites sealed Tenders from eligible contractors registered in class four, five, six, or seven for carrying out the Replacement of Tower Window Panes and Construction of toilet at Pemba Airport.
4. Tendering will be conducted through the National Competitive Tendering (NCT) as specified in the Public Procurement Regulations, 2013 – Government Notice No.446 and is open to all Tenderers as defined in the Regulations.
5. Interested eligible tenderers may obtain further information and read the tendering documents at the office of the Secretary TCAA – Tender Board, Aviation House 3rd floor, Tanzania Civil Aviation Authority Nyerere/Kitunda Road Junction, Banana Area. P.O. Box 2819, Dar es Salaam from 730Hrs to 1530Hrs on Mondays to Fridays inclusive, except on the Public Holidays.
6. A complete set of Tendering Document(s) in English and additional sets may be purchased by interested tenderers upon submission of a written application to the address given under paragraph 5 above and upon payment of a non-refundable fee of TZS 100,000.00. Payment should either be by Cash, Banker’s Draft, or Banker’s Cheque, payable to the Director General, Tanzania Civil Aviation Authority, Account No. 061013000001, DCB Commercial Bank Plc – Ukonga Branch.
7. All Tenders must be accompanied by a Bid security in the form of Banker’s guarantee or Banker’s certified cheque in the amount of two and a half (2.5) percent.
8. All Tenders in one original plus three copies properly filled in, and enclosed in a plain envelope must be delivered to the address below: The Secretary, TCAA – Tender Board, Aviation House Second Floor, Room C5, Nyerere/Kitunda Road Junction P.O. Box 2819, Dar es Salaam at or before 1130 Hours on 14th February, 2017. Bids will be opened promptly thereafter in public and in the presence of Bidders’ representatives who choose to attend in the opening ceremony at the Tanzania Civil Aviation Authority’s Conference Room, Aviation House Ground floor, Dar es Salaam. Tenders sent by post must be registered. The outer cover shall be clearly marked ‘’TENDER No. AE/028/2016-17/HQ/W/08 FOR REPLACEMENT OF TOWER WINDOW PANES AND CONSTRUCTION OF TOILET AT PEMBA AIRPORT FOR TANZANIA CIVIL AVIATION AUTHORITY. NOT TO BE OPENED BEFORE 1130 HRS ON 14TH FEBRUARY 2017’’
9. Late Tenders portion of Tenders, electronic Tenders, Tenders not received, Tenders not opened at the Tender opening ceremony shall not be accepted for evaluation irrespective of the circumstances.
TANZANIA CIVIL AVIATION AUTHORITY