INTERNAL ADVERTISEMENT (RE-ADVERTISED)
The Authority has the following positions which are supposed to be filled in order to carry out her roles in the division of Air Navigation Services:
JOB TITLE: CIVIL AVIATION MANAGER (Eight Positions)
STATIONS: TABORA, ARUSHA, DODOMA, KIGOMA, MTWARA, SONGEA,
SONGWE AND PEMBA AIRPORTS
Reports to the Director of Air Navigation Services
MAIN RESPONSIBILITY OF THE JOB:
The Civil Aviation Manager will be responsible for effective administration and operation of civil aviation activities at the respective Airport, to ensure safe and efficient provision of air navigation services in accordance with approved policies, standards and procedures and to carry out day to day management and administration of the station, including staff.
MAJOR DUTIES OF THE JOB
- To plan and direct work of the station and ensure functions and programmes are performed efficiently.
- To administer the station services, personnel and finance, including collection of all Authority’s revenue and their returns.
- To monitor and enforce governing rules and regulations as contained in the air navigations and related documents.
- To ensure smooth provision of air navigation services to all aircrafts operating within the region.
- To perform one of the ANS services at the station.
- To maintain close co ordination within the airport management, aircraft operators and other airport users.
- To ensure all necessary technical equipment, facilities and publications are available and properly maintained.
- To ensure the security of all Authority properties.
- To maintain records and submit monthly, quarterly mid year and annual reports on personnel, air traffic movements and others as required.
- To enhance revenue collection at the station.
- To perform any other duties as assigned from time to time by the supervisor.
- Bachelor Degree in Science from a recognized Higher Learning Institution or its equivalent professional qualifications in one of the Air Navigation Services disciplines.
- Computer knowledge and skills is a must.
- Management /Supervisory Training
- Quality Assurance Training
At least SIX (6) years experience in one of the ANS services.
Other Personal Attributes
- Ability to direct work, supervise a broad area of civil aviation activities and report writing;
- Ability to plan and control budgets;
- Ability to take initiative, make judgment and maintain harmonious working relationships
- Ability to lead and motivate staff
- A good track record of work performance and inter-relationships.
General Terms and Conditions of Service for all the posts.
- Term of Office: Successful candidates will be appointed on a three year’s office term; and may be considered for renewal on successful completion of the tenure.
- Remuneration: A monthly station management allowance will be payable on top of the officer’s substantive salary.
- Other terms and conditions of service remain the same as stipulated in the conditions of employment.
The respective post applied for should be clearly marked on top of the envelope which should contain application letter, curriculum vitae and copies of relevant certificates related to post applied for.
TCAA is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified employees are encouraged to apply to the below address.
Closing date: The closing date will be two weeks after the announcement i.e. 13th
Tanzania Civil Aviation Authority
P.O. Box 2819,
DAR ES SALAAM