|REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST No. AE/028/2019-2020/HQ/CS/04|
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST No. AE/028/2019-2020/HQ/CS/04
PROVISION OF CONSULTANCY SERVICES TO CONDUCT FEASIBILITY STUDY, PREPARATION OF DETAILED ENGINEERING DESIGN, DRAWINGS AND BILLS OF QUANTITIES FOR DEVELOPMENT OF CIVIL AVIATION TRAINING CENTRE (CATC) FOR TANZANIA CIVIL AVIATION AUTHORITY
NATIONAL COMPETITIVE SELECTION (NCS)
Date: 26 September, 2019
1. This Expression of Interest follows the General Procurement Notice for this Project which appeared in the General Procurement Notice (GPN) for the Financial Year 2019/2020 through Tanzania Procurement Journal ISSN: 1821-6021 vol XII – No-37 dated 10 September 2019 and PPRA Tender Portal on10 September 2019 and TCAA website.
2. TCAA intends to engage a competent Consulting firm to undertake feasibility study, preparation of detailed engineering design, drawings and bills of quantities for development of Civil Aviation Training Centre (CATC). The assignment includes;
(i.) Conducting background review of the current CATC status, mandate and capacity.
(ii.) Review the national, regional and international aviation training, policies, regulations and analyzing present aviation training demands and forecasts for the next twenty (20) years.
(iii.) Assess consumer objectives, opportunity costs related to training and perceptions affecting aviation training.
(iv.) Recommend appropriate strategies to address future local, regional aviation training demand
(v.) Propose a suitable scheme for the distribution of courses and equipment at the centre.
(vi.) Suggesting a framework for financing options and models.
(vii.) Recommend an appropriate institutional framework to enable the centre to operate sustainably and autonomously.
(viii.) Conducting cost benefit analysis of implementing the proposed organizational setup.
(ix.) Propose a new name of the Centre
(x.) Conducting Environmental and Social Impact Assessment and prepare its plan and
(xi.) Recommend mechanisms to enhance sustainability of the Centre
3. TCAA now invites Expression of Interest (EOI) from eligible and qualified Consulting firms to indicate their interest in providing the services. Interested consultants must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services by submitting consultant’s profile, description of similar assignments performed in the last 10 years, experience in similar conditions, availability of appropriate managerial and technical skills staff related to the assignment, etc. For each completed project, the consultant shall provide the name and address of the client, start and completion dates, name(s) of the lead and associate firms. Cited projects with insufficient information shall not be considered.
4. Consultants may associate to enhance their qualifications. Foreign firms must associate with local firms to become eligible for the assignment. The association must be in form of Sub-Consultancy or Joint Venture only. Consultants must demonstrate capacity for execution of the project under expressions of Interest. In case of Joint Venture capacities of associated partners will be joined and examined.
5. A consultant will be selected in accordance with the procedures set out in the Public Procurement Act No. 7 of 2011 and the Public Procurement Regulations, 2013 – Government Notice No. 446 as amended in 2016 (hereinafter called Procurement Regulations)
6. Selection will be conducted through the “Quality and Cost based” selection procedures specified in the Public Procurement Regulations.
7. Interested eligible consultants may obtain further information from the office of the Secretary TCAA – Tender Board, Tanzania Civil Aviation Authority, Aviation House, 3rd floor -Nyerere/Kitunda Road Junction, Ukonga Banana Area. P.O. Box 2819, Dar es Salaam from 0900HRS to 1500HRS, Mondays to Fridays inclusive, except on Public Holidays.
8. Expressions of Interest (EoI) document in one (1) original plus two (2) hard copies properly filled in, and enclosed in plain envelopes must be address to: Secretary, TCAA – Tender Board, Aviation House, Nyerere/Kitunda Road Junction P.O. Box 2819, Dar es Salaam at or before 1130Hrs on Tuesday, 15 October, 21019 and delivered to Second Floor, Room C5.Tenders will be opened promptly thereafter in public and in the presence of applicants’ representatives who choose to attend in the opening at the Tanzania Civil Aviation Authority’s Conference Room, Aviation House Ground floor, Dar es Salaam. The outer cover shall be clearly marked “Expression of Interest No. AE/028/2019-2020/HQ/CS/04 for Consultancy Services to Conduct Feasibility Study, Preparation of Detailed Engineering Design, Drawings and Bills of Quantities for Development of Civil Aviation Training Centre (CATC) for Tanzania Civil Aviation Authority “NOT TO BE OPENED BEFORE 1130 HRS on Tuesday, 15 October 2019.’’
9. Late Expressions of Interest shall not be accepted for evaluation irrespective of the circumstances.
THE DIRECTOR GENERAL
TANZANIA CIVIL AVIATION AUTHORITY