ESSAY WRITTING CONTEST TO MARK THE 2019 INTERNATIONAL CIVIL AVIATION DAY AND 75 ANNIVERSARY OF ICAO
As part of the commemoration marking the International Civil Aviation Day (ICAD) on 7 December 2019 and the 75 anniversary of International Civil Aviation Organisation (ICAO), Tanzania Civil Aviation Authority (TCAA) is conducting an essay competition centered on the theme THE ROLES OF NATIONAL CARRIER- AIR TANZANIA IN NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT. TCAA is a corporate body, established under the Civil Aviation Act, CAP 80 (R.E 2006). The Act mandates the Authority to regulate economic, safety and security aspects of the civil aviation industry as well as providing air navigation services in the United Republic of Tanzania.
Top three winners will get laptop prizes.
Tanzanian primary or secondary schools’ pupils between the age of 10- 13 years.
· Each participant is permitted to submit only one individual entry.
· It must be an original work of participant.
· It should not have previously been submitted for any other publications or other competition.
· It should be written in English language.
· All entries are limited to two pages for typed work and 3 pages for handwritten.
· It should include writer name, his/her school name, contact number and physical address.
DATE OF SUBMISSION
Essay will be accepted from November 8- 22, 2019. To submit your entry, please send it to Director General, Tanzania Civil Aviation Authority (TCAA), P.O. Box 2819, Dar es Salaam. Remember to mark your envelope, “Essay writing competition 2019”
· Originality and participant knowledge about the topic.
· Clear and concise expression.
· Presentation and formatting (introduction, body and conclusion).
· Style and quality of narration.
SELECTION AND AWARDS OF WINNERS
The top winners will be invited to present their essays and thereafter receive awards, on 6th December 2019 at TCAA Headquarters, Aviation House, Banana- Ukonga- Dar es Salaam. For further queries, call 0713 736943 or 0754621962